Dress up this go-to “toddler food” by simply adding some fresh herbs, sweet onion and salty feta cheese!
- I tablespoon butter
- I bag frozen peas (steamed on stove or in microwave)
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled sheeps milk feta cheese
- 1 handful chopped mint and parsley
- On medium-high heat, cook the onion until golden brown and fragrant
- Gently stir in peas and generously season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and mint
- If your child (like mine) isn’t into leafy foods yet such as herbs and greens try using dried mint and parsley instead.
- The peas and feta make a a great finger food for older babies who aren’t acquainted with onions and herbs yet or could be blended for someone still on purees.
- This makes a great side along pesto shrimp and couscous!