Let the name of this simple, healthy sandwich speak for itself. The beloved beet and goat cheese combo is made even better with a smear of ginger spread, something we keep stocked in our kitchen and will add to just about anything. If you don’t have ginger spread, any sort of tangy jam would work, such as orange marmalade or even a few dashes of balsamic vinegar.
Beet and Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Ginger Spread
Serves: One adult, a toddler and a baby twice
- 4 slices seedy whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese (enough to generously cover the bread for sandwiches)
- 2 tablespoons ginger spread or similar jam/jelly/preserves
- Handful of pea shoots or micro-greens
- About 5 small to medium sized beets, boiled or steamed until soft and sliced thin
- Toast bread then add goat cheese and ginger spread.
- Layer beets and a small handful of greens.
- Assemble and serve!
- Cut up beets and bread into tiny pieces for a baby if you have one 🙂
- Micro-greens and pea shoots are great greens for toddlers since they are mild and small. You could however, also use spinach or lettuce.
- We enjoyed this with fresh strawberries and pistachios, easy and delicious sides!