Just had to share another super simple side/snack we whipped up over the weekend. I never know what will end up on the kitchen table come Sundays – it’s usually a random concoction of whatever remains in the kitchen that needs to be eaten ASAP, hence this recipe. We’ve been (very fortunately) drowning in strawberries. What are some unique ways you’ve been enjoying this seasons strawberry bounty? Please share if you have any ideas and here’s one of mine!
Spring Strawberry Salsa
- 3 ears corn, boiled and shaved or 1 can rinsed
- 3/4 quart strawberries, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sherry or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, crushing some of the strawberries with a wooden spoon to release their juices.
- Store in an air tight container for at least one hour.
- Serve on toast with goat cheese or ricotta or plain with corn chips. Kids will love to scoop or spread this on their own and please let them!
- For a more tangy, authentic salsa version, add some crushed tomatoes, lime and jalapeno which I will totally be doing further into summertime 🙂