My mom has just left us (tear!) after two blissful weeks of cooking, bakery hopping, gardening, pushing each other’s buttons, and all sorts of other shenanigans. One of the many scrumptious things we ate while she was here was my all-time favorite pizza inspired by Sycamore House Restaurant in my home town. I have no idea exactly what she did to procure such a flavorful-but-fresh-with-a-kick one dish meal. And calling her for the recipe made me laugh out loud. “Yea maybe a tablespoon or two…I don’t know maybe 2 handfuls?” So I don’t have a recipe for you but merely a concept for you to run with below.
Here’s what was on it…
- Olive oil and butter
- Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning
- Green onion
- Raw shrimp, the freshest you can get, peeled and seasoned in the above then cooked with the above.
- Fresh spinach, sliced thin
- Shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and sliced thin
- Pepper jack cheese (the better quality, the spicier FYI)
- Mozzarella cheese
Pre-bake your pizza crust for maybe ten minutes, then top with olive oil, cooked shrimp with seasoning, green onions, spinach, mushrooms, pepper jack and mozzarella cheese and bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!