This simple beet and orange salad needs no dressing, and is as beautiful as it is delicious. It’s also perfect with pizza in the summer time! The beet and goat cheese combo is not a new discovery but I had no idea how well beets and oranges taste when put together. Here’s how to make it so you can try it too!
Best Beet Salad:
- 4 small to medium beets, boiled whole, cooled, peeled and sliced
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1 large navel or blood orange, peeled and sliced in medallions
- A handful of fresh mint, loosely chopped
- Crumbed goat cheese
- Assemble and enjoy!
- Try fresh basil if you don’t have mint. If you don’t have either-consider growing some!
- Feta can be swapped for goat cheese.
- I imagine sun-gold tomatoes would be great in this.
- Peaches (just make sure they’re peeled) and beets are great finger foods for babies or a lovely puree. You could even make a puree from the entire thing!
- This is a great way to persuade picky eaters to try beets as they’re slightly sweetened from the fruit juices.